Wednesday, May 13, 2009

*Thoughts* From Julia

***Write on any aspect of the Spaghetti Luncheon
What a blessing High Pointe is! It was a joy to serve them at our Spaghetti Luncheon. I want to give my sincerest and most heartfelt thanks for their support. I am also so humbled and honored to be part of such an amazing team. From the moment we began preparing for this trip, this team has really come together. We have one very strong thread that weaves us together and that is our Lord and Savior who is at the very head of this team. May His will be done, not ours. Praise Be To God!


***A specific prayer you have- about how God can (will) personally use you in Paris
My prayer is that as I walk the streets praying for the lost that my own sins will be purged from my being so that no prayer will be hindered. I pray that Jesus will intercede for me when my words fall short. I pray that all I do be God honoring. I pray that I will see every open door that God provides and walk boldly thru them. I pray that I can be a resource for the team in whatever might come up. However God chooses to use me I pray that I be humble and obedient without delay.


***The greatest concern/worry you have

At first I was concerned as to whether or not I should go. Last year my knee went out on me and toward the end it was quite painful to get around. Before I even committed to going this year I shared my concern with the team; obviously, their vote was that I go. However, I must say I did tell myself that if a 5th person signed up to go I would stay. Also, it is very hard to go when you have children at home who depend on you.

BUT, it always came back to the Lord- whatever His will is that's what I will
do. He has made it abundantly clear that I am to go. It's easy to go on one hand, but on the flesh side it is hard. On the flesh side of course I have a concern for my kiddos, but with that being said I can also think of nothing better than to be obedient to God's call. So no worries - It is all in God's hands.


***Something you really hope you don't forget to pack!
Well my passport would be a biggy, my "dirt" and Silver for sure (if you don’t get this, just ask! :} ), and then a close tie would be my chap stick.

***What aspect has proven to test your faith the most in this time of preparation?
Trusting that God is calling me to go.

***What are you *most* excited about?
There is so much I'm excited about. I am excited about the Prayer Walking, it was exhilarating but sad and heavy at times and sometimes all at the same time (hard to put into words).

I hope we get to see some folks from the foyers we went to last year.

It will be great to see Greg & Angela again!

I actually love all the walking.

Let's not forget the food - yogurt & chocolate chip bread for breakfast –yum!

***Who/what will you miss the most back home?
At the top of the list- without a doubt my kiddos!

***How can Christians specifically pray for you?
Christians can specifically pray for me by asking God to purge any sin from
my life so that I may be an empty vessel that He can use to bring Him honor
and glory.

Secondly, if they can lift up my knee. (Funny thing is, I don't have knee problems but I sure was under attack in this area last year.)

***Write on any aspect of the garage sale
It was a great garage sale and I say that not because of the money we made,
but because it was a great exercise for us to work together as a team.

***Write on any aspect of the training thus far
I wish we had more time to prepare. My prayer is that we are all prepared spiritually, physically and mentally for whatever God has in store.